Monday, December 13, 2010

January

Fresh Colorado air fills my lungs.
Colorado sunrise delights my eyes.
Winter's snowflakes on the taste of childrens' tongues.
Winter's sounds avoid all the goodbyes.

Time for hellos.
Time for frost- covered windows.
Back to sweet winter chills.
Back to kind winter thrills.

January, February, time for love.
March, April, time for spring showers to rain from above.
May, June, time for laughs and plays.
July, August, time for essays.
September, October, time for candies.
November, December, time for cookies.
Back to January, time for no worries.

Oh, sweet January.
Time for the frosty,
Time for the foggy,
Time for the snow- covered days.

I long for sweet January smell.
Strive for addicting January spell.
I love January snowflakes.
Enjoy January as I wake.

January freeze
Puts me at ease.
January stay
for a little longer please.

2 comments: